Report Bug
FB
Tumblr.
G+
Next factE

Drinking 2 bottles of vodka saved this puppy from a certain death from ethylene glycol poisoning

How Do You Think, Is This factE True or False?
Hit True or False and SHARE Your Answer With Friends!
Additional Info by Author

The Maltese terrier named Charlie was brought to the veterinary clinic in Melbourne, Australia after he drank antifreeze solution. Antifreeze has sweet taste but it is poisonous – when digested it causes kidney failure. 

 

Quick thinking doctors guessed that Charlie was ill from ethylene glycol poisoning and came up to a surprising solution – two bottles of vodka. Alcohol changes the chemical constitution of antifreeze so that it causes kidney failure no more. Charlie was given 2 bottles of vodka during two days and now he feels well.

Similar factE Cards
Leave a Comment (0)
factE is a rare, awkward, interesting, cool, weird, unimaginable, fun fact told with an ecard.
It's hard to guess what's TRUE and what's - NOT

Can You?